MEXICAN CHILI KILLER
Circle the right reply.
1.In Mexico when Hernan Cortes arrived: a-only the Aztecs lived b-he swam in lake Amatitlàn and found other tribes like the Olmecs and Incas c-he landed in Cozumel d-none of the above
2 The exact date of arrival by hernàn Cortès at Tenochtitlan:a-February 1519 b-November 8th 1519 c-June 30th 1520 d- May 1535
3. Malintzin was:a-Hernan Cortès`beloved steed b.his indigenous translatress, ladylove and mother of his male child c-a sorceress who predicted that he would conquer Mexico without blood d-a and b..
4. Moctezuma II a-was killed immediately after giving the conqueror cacao,feathers, gold and silver b-given to a human sacrifice ceremony while a 2 headed man ran through the city laughing b-killed in June 1520 in the Noche Triste. D-Fircibly married to doña marina while tacos were being served at the main temple.
5. Morcilllo was:a-feted and lionized, fed chickens and mushrooms, becoming very popular among the Aztecs b-sacrificed in a bbig ceremony at the main temple c-given a new laptop d-sent back to Cozumel and shipped back to Cuba.
6. Many people from tribes that had enmity against the Aztecs:a-joined Hernàn Cortès in his conquest. B-swallowed feathers to make Cortès happy. C- tried to kill him d-sold him Lake Taxcoco.
7. The city of Veracruz: a-was where Cortès landed upon arrival b-was founded by Cortès c-was the place where he was baptized for a second time d-none of the aforementioned.
8. 10 years before Cortès and his men appeared in Tenochtitlàn, some of the following omens were given:a-“blond men clad in metal will arrive to be obeyed” and Moctezuma saw two fire birds. B-A two headed man will run through the city and there will be fire on the ocean. C- the emperor will eat tacos with his feet and then his heart will be extricated. D-lightning will fall on a pregnant woman crying through the city and Lake Taxcoco will look bloody.
9.. Hernàn Cortès took 8 months to travel northwestward in Mexico, and along with him went: a-Malintzin, Morcillo and 40 horses.b- lots of bags of cacao and parrots. C-650 men and it took them 8 months to get there. D-blond dragons, a T 55 tank and the sun god Inti followed him atop an eagle while doña Marina sang huapangos..
9. These were Cortès`favorite gifts from the Aztecs: a-Morcillo and 32 horses. B-gold, cacao and silver. C. Two birds fighting, a human heart which had been cooked. D-feathers from exotic birds.
10. Aztecs practiced human sacrifices. The victims were usually: a-pretty maidens who had lived 3 to 6 months of luxury before being sacrificed. B-prisoners of war. C-Spanish horses with a slave mounted on top.d- a and b
11. The conquest of Mexico was declared final on: a-November 8th 11519 b-August 13th 1521 c-1535. D-June 30th 1520.
12. The new name for the Aztec Empire after Cortès conquered it was:-La Gran Colombia b-Capitania de Mesoamerica. C-New Spain. D-Gran IMperio de Mexico Español.